Here’s an upmarket, gestational diabetes friendly version of what my husband calls ‘cowboy eggs’ (which is where you eat the beans almost out of the can). (Main carbohydrate containing ingredients are listed in bold.)
- 4 slices wholegrain bread, toasted
- 4 large eggs, hard-boiled
- 1/2 large avocado, sliced or mashed
- 1 cup baked beans, warmed
- Wedges of lemon to serve (optional)
Serve half of each of the ingredients per person.
Post-GDM: Serve the eggs soft-boiled riding sidesaddle on the toast and sling your avocado to the left and the beans to the right.